Latest in IGBC
India's Premier Certification Body For Greening of Projects
IGBC is India's Premier certification body, headquartered at Hyderabad. IGBC is the founding member of World Green Building Council discussing global issues at COP and similar global platforms.
- 11,053 projects with green footprint of over 10.27 billion sq.ft.
- 3,653 projects are certified & fully operational.
CII - Sohrabji Godrej Green Business Centre (CII-Godrej GBC), one of the Centres of Excellence, was conceived and designed to offer one-stop solution on various aspects of environmental management to Indian industry and in the process facilitate India emerge as one of the global leaders in green business.
- In the year 2004, CII Godrej GBC building earned the unique distinction of becoming India's first platinum rated green building
- CII had the honour of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, the then President of India, inaugurating the Green Business Centre.
The vision of IGBC is to facilitate India emerge as a global leader in green buildings and green built environment by 2025.In a span of last 2 decades, CII-IGBC through its multi-pronged approach could facilitate in bringing about a paradigm shift in the way buildings are conceived and designed across various forms of built environment.
- CII-IGBC has launched 31 Green Rating Systems for Buildings and Built Environment which are designed to address various building typologies
- IGBC is representing India at global forum –‘World Green Building Council’ among 90+ country councils and is the founding member of WorldGBC since 2004. IGBC is leading the Asia Pacific Network in green building related discussions.
IGBC Rating Systems
The IGBC rating systems are voluntary, consensus based, market-driven programmes. The rating systems are based on the five elements of the nature.