All professionals with at least 2 years of work experience in the building industry are eligible to appear for this examination.
Examination Fee (effective from 1 January 2016)
The examination fee is as follows:
||Fee (excluding GST)
||IGBC AP Exam (for Professionals)
||IGBC AP Exam Reattempt
||IGBC AP Exam Rescheduling (Postponing)
* All fee are non-refundable
* If the candidate fails to attend the exam on scheduled date, the exam fee will not be refunded or adjusted
* Reattempt process is same as registration process, with alternate email ID
* There is no fee for preponing the date of exam
* Reschedule of exam date is allowed 1 day before the date of exam
Location & Frequency of Exam
The examination is online only, is computer based and offered twice a month (i.e 1st & 3rd Saturday of every month)
It can be taken from any compatible laptop or desktop and will be conducted in remote proctoring mode.
Login details and other instructions will be shared only 5 days before the date of exam.
The 'Indian Green Building Council Accredited Professional Examination' is being offered through MeritTrac Services Private Limited, India's Premier and largest skills Assessment Company.
Results will be reported to the candidate immediately on completion of the exam.
- Create an account on the IGBC Website with a valid email ID
- Login to your account and click 'Register for IGBC AP Exam' and follow the steps
- On receipt of the examination fee, an automated confirmation email will be sent to the registered email ID
- The instructions and login details will be shared with the registered email ID only 5 days before the date of the exam.
- Results will be reported to the candidate immediately upon completion of the exam. A formal scorecard is shared within 3 working days of the date of the exam.
- Successful candidates will be awarded the 'IGBC Accredited Professional' Certificate and will be listed on the IGBC Website.
- Unsuccessful candidates can schedule to retake the exam by repeating the registration process with an alternate email ID
Suggested material for reading :
- IGBC Green New Buildings Abridged Reference Guide (Version 3.0)
(Click here to download Resources)
Structure & Content
The exam would consist of 110 questions in multiple-choice format, with each question carrying one mark. The duration of the exam is 90 minutes. To be successful, the candidates will have to score a minimum of 85 marks. There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
The examination has the following four sections :
Section I : Green Building Design & Construction
Section II : Building Standards & Codes
Section III : IGBC Resources and Processes
Section IV : Green Design Strategies & Impacts
SECTION I: Green Building Design & Construction
(This section comprises of 50 questions)
The purpose of this section is to demonstrate the candidate's general understanding of the green building design and construction industry as they relate to green building practices.
Sample Question 1: Oil grit separators are installed to:
a. To filter oil in storm water run-off
b. To capture storm water run-off from surface parking areas
c. To recover oil spilling at site
d. To mix oil with storm water
SECTION II: Building Standards & Codes
(This section will comprise of 15 questions)
This section is to verify the candidate's understanding and knowledge on few of the local building standards and codes as they relate to environmental aspects
Sample Question 2: The Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC) is applicable to buildings or building complexes that have a connected load
a. 100 kW or greater
b. Lesser than 500 kW
c. 800 kW or greater
d. Lesser than 800 kW
SECTION III: IGBC Processes
(This section will comprise of 15 questions)
This section would test the candidate's understanding of processes and resources related to IGBC programmes
Sample Question 3: If a credit point has been denied for a project and the project team feels they have complied with the credit requirement, the project team
a. Can write to the IGBC staff
b. Cannot do anything
c. Can appeal for review of the credit
d. Can declare themselves of having achieved the credit
SECTION IV: Green Design Strategies & Impacts
(This section will comprise of 30 questions)
This section is to evaluate understanding of green building strategies and the impact that they would result in. The candidate is required to match the impact to a strategy provided
Sample Question 4: Perform soil and climate analysis to determine the species of plants which will adapt best
a. Improve erosion & sedimentation control
b. Enhance the aesthetics
c. Reduce water requirement for landscaping
d. Reduce water consumption in fixtures
Answers to sample questions: (1) a (2) a (3) c (4) c