IGBC Green SEZs
The IGBC Green SEZ Rating System (Pilot version) is an extension of the Green SEZ guidelines. The Indian Green Building Council along with Ministry of Commerce & Industry has prepared the Green SEZ guidelines. The rating system encourages the projects to surpass the requirements of many codes and standards.
The rating programme is a tool which enables the designer to apply green concepts and criteria, so as to reduce the environmental impacts, which are measurable. The programme covers methodologies to cover diverse climatic zones and changing lifestyles.
IGBC Green SEZ Rating System is a voluntary and consensus based programme. The rating system has been developed based on materials and technologies that are presently available.
The objective of IGBC Green SEZ is to facilitate the creation of energy efficient, water efficient, healthy, comfortable and environmentally friendly SEZ.The rating system evaluates certain credit points using a prescriptive approach and other credits on a performance based approach. The rating system is evolved so as to be comprehensive and at the same time user-friendly.
The rating programme uses well accepted national standards and wherever local or national standards are not available, appropriate international benchmarks have been considered.
- Reduction in energy use and connected load leading to savings in infrastructure investments
- Reduction in potable water savings and public investments related to waste water treatment
- Reduction in fuel use for transport, thereby saving on oil import bills
- Organised handling of waste and waste management
- Incubation of green building materials manufacturers, thereby leading to lower cost of creating green SEZ's.
Benefits at Local Level
- Encourage local economy
- Better quality of life for the occupants of SEZ's
- Optimum utilization of resources-Energy, Water
- Reduced operational cost for the occupants
The guidelines detailed under each mandatory requirement & credit enables the design and construction of green SEZ of all sizes and types. IGBC Green SEZ addresses green features under the following categories:
- Site Preservation & Restoration
- Site Planning & Design
- Water Efficiency
- Energy Efficiency
- Materials & Resources
- Innovation & Design Process
When to use IGBC Green SEZs
The project team can evaluate all the possible points to apply under the rating system using a suitable checklist. The project can apply for IGBC Green SEZ certification if it can meet all mandatory requirements and achieve the minimum required points.
Different levels of green building certification are awarded based on the total credits earned. However, every Green SEZ should meet certain mandatory requirements, which are non-negotiable.
The threshold criteria for certification/pre-certification levels are as under:
||51 - 60
||61 - 70
||77 - 80
||81 - 100
Fee Structure (effective from 1 January 2016)
Registration Fee (Rs.)
Precertification Fee (Rs.)
Certification Fee (Rs.)
||Less than 10 Hectares
||11 to 50 Hectares
||51 Hectares & above
||Based on site area
||Rs. 2,90,000 + Rs. 6,000 per additional hectare over & above 10 hectares
||Rs. 3,25,000 + Rs. 6,000 per additional hectare over & above 10 hectares
||Rs. 3,35,000 + Rs. 6,000 per additional hectare over & above 10 hectares
* Fee is exclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST)
* Registration, Precertification and Certification fee are non-refundable
* Membership discounts can be availed only if the Project Owner or Developer is a
member of IGBC
* Payment can be done through Online options - Debit Card, Credit Card and Net Banking.
For more details, please contact:
Anand Sundararajan (Mr)
Email Id: email@example.com
Mobile Number : +91 81422 39142
Sampath Kumar kabothu
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: +91 (40) 4418 5117