Green Building Congress 2023
To achieve IGBC vision and to propagate the green building concepts,CII's IGBC had launched a unique Learn & Win concept titled 'IGBC Green League (IGL) - Learning & Growing Together' in 2016 which went bigger and greater for 6 consecutive years with tremendous success, response and value to the Indian Construction Industry.
Keeping this revering success of IGL in view, CII's IGBC is organizing the '7th Edition of IGBC Green League (IGL) - Reform, Perform & Transform commencing 14th June 2022 for 5 consecutive days till 18th June in its first Phase across India. Each day will have 3 hrs 30 min of learnings on various concepts of Green Buildings and Net Zero through tutorials, culminating into a National Level Quiz Competition on Sustainability and Green attributes. The training session would cover about 25 topics by as many renowned expert faculties from the industry. IGL is strongly recommended for Developers, Architects, Consultants, Engineers, Research Scholars, MEPs, FMs and Academia FacultiesAt the end of the session and national quiz competition, each participant would be provided with a complementary attempt of IGBC AP Examination to establish themselves as the Green Building Accredited Professional (IGBC AP holds a lifetime credential as a qualified & distinguished professional).
The Key training topics & modules are as follows:
**All the participants would be trained and prepared by renowned Industry experts to participate in the National Level Quiz Competition (date will be notified) and attempting complementary single attempt for the coveted IGBC Accredited Professional Examination.
- Day I: Green Buildings to Green Cities - Green Building Movement in India, Sustainable Architecture, Bio Diversity & its importance in Built Environment.
- Day II: Sustainable Building Materials & Waste Management - Introduction to GreenPro, Green Interiors, Innovative Green Products & Technologies, Waste to Wealth Concepts, Organic Waste Management, E Waste & Hazardous Waste Managements.
- Day III: Health and Comfort of Occupants in Green Building - Health & well Being concepts in Buildings, Indoor Environmental Quality, Fresh Air Ventilation Systems, CO2 Monitoring, Low VOC Materials, Acoustics, Eco Friendly House Keeping Chemicals.
- Day IV: Towards Net Zero - Introduction to Energy Efficiency Energy, Simulation Tools, Building Blocks, Insulation, Glazing, Lighting Systems & Controls, HVAC Systems & controls, ECBC Codes 2017, Building Automation.
- Day V: Zero Water Discharge, Recap & Mock Test - Integrated approach for Zero Water Discharge Buildings / Campuses, Rainwater Harvesting Techniques, Low Flow Plumbing Fixtures, Landscape Irrigation Controls & Systems, Innovative Waste Water Treatment Systems.
- CII-IGBC Members - INR 7,000 per participant (inc. of taxes)
- Non-Members - INR 9,000 per participant (inc. of taxes)
- 3 or above participation from same organisation - 10% additional discount
Attractive Cash Prizes to the Top 4 Quiz Winners Nationally
Advantages to Participants:
- 1st Prize - INR 50,000
- 2nd Prize - INR 40,000
- 3rd Prize - INR 30,000
- 4th Prize - INR 20,000
- Technical Training of 5 days (20 hrs approx.) on most important topics of Sustainability.
- Introduction to latest green building trends & Net Zero trends & technologies
- Complementary Single Attempt for IGBC AP Exam before 31 Dec 2022.
- 1 Set of all the Rating Programs of IGBC (softcopies).
- Course Material / Presentation Copies (Softcopies).
- Participating certificates to all participants (digital).
- Complementary invitation to 20th Green Building Congress at Hyderabad: 20-22 Oct .
- Other IGBC Articles, Newsletters etc.
- Networking opportunity amongst all the participants thru dedicated WhatsApp group
A green building is one which uses less water, optimizes energy efficiency, conserves natural resources, generates less waste and provides healthier spaces for occupants, as compared to a conventional building. Considering the tremendous benefits that it offers, green building concept is gaining major importance in India.
Indian Green Building Council's (IGBC) rating systems launched since 2007 had made rapid strides in the Green Building sector. These rating systems have been successfully applied in India in as many as 10,296 buildings, till date with a footprint of 10.24 Billion sq.ft. Many Government, corporate, builders & developers in India have taken lead in constructing Green Buildings. With the growing demand for Green Buildings, there is a need to enhance the knowledge of building professionals on Green Building concepts & equip them on the Green Building rating systems.
Till date, IGBC has conducted several Green Building Training programme across India and trained nearly 21,000 professionals on green building concepts.
The main objective of this training programme is to impart knowledge on Green Building concepts and share best practices in Green Buildings.
Introduction to Green Buildings
Sustainable Architecture & Design
Site Selection & Planning
Building Materials & Resources
Indoor Environmental Quality
Innovation and Development
Green Building Case Study
Discussion on documentation
Exercises on Templates
Benefits to Participants
Exposure to Green Building Design Strategies
Exposure to Green Building Case Studies
Acquire Knowledge on IGBC Green Building Rating Systems
Get equipped for facilitating green building certification
Get equipped to appear for IGBC AP Exam
Hands-on training on Green Building documentation
|Training Programmes Calender
IGBC Green Design Competition 2018
Green Your School 2018
For more details, please contact:
|Top Three Finalists |
- Ankalava Primary School, Gujarat
- Gondal Vihir Prathmik Pathashala, Gujarat
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sector 12, Dwaraka, New Delhi
|Schools Ranking 4-8 |
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan's Atmakuri Rama Rao High School, Hyderabad
- Government Girls Sr. Sec School, Cottonhills, Thiruvananthapuram
- Hansraj Public School, Panchkula
- Kendriya Vidyalaya NIT, Silchar
- Keystone International School, Hyderabad
WorldGBC's Asia Pacific Leadership in Green Building Awards 2018
The World Green Building Council is a global network of Green Building Councils which is transforming the places we live, work, play, heal and learn. WorldGBC believes that green buildings can and must be at the center of our lives. WorldGBC takes action - championing local and global leadership, and empowering our community to drive change. With Green Building Councils (GBCs) in over 73 countries and 49,000 member companies, WorldGBC is the largest global network advancing green building -and they continue to grow.
The WorldGBC Asia Pacific Leadership in Green Building Awards celebrate iconic green buildings, up-and-coming innovators and inspiring companies driving change and creating a better future throughout the region.
Presented by WorldGBC and its Asia Pacific Regional Network of Green Building Councils, this biennial programme (first held in 2014) will recognise five winners across three award categories:
The Business Leadership in Sustainability Award recognises companies which are truly integrating sustainability into their business models and contributing to the transition towards a sustainable built environment. These organisations understand that sustainability presents a long-term business opportunity, demonstrate sustainable practices within their internal and external operations, and show sustainability leadership within industry.
The Leadership in Sustainable Design and Performance Award recognises pioneering green building projects that deliver a range of benefits through a holistic approach to sustainability. These projects go beyond simply minimising their impact by considering factors that lead to positive outcomes for both the environment and for people. There are three sub categories under this award: residential, commercial and public.
The Women in Green Building Leadership Award is a new award presented to an inspiring female leader in our movement. In a traditionally male-dominated industry, we want to recognise the pivotal role that women play in nurturing and activating their communities, and delivering change.
The awards are open to companies and green building projects (certified by Indian Green Building Council) of all sizes across the country.
Why are the Awards significant?
60% of the world's population (4.3 billion people) live in the Asia Pacific region, with more than 2 billion living in urban areas - a figure that is set to reach 3.3 billion by 2050.
Set against this backdrop of growth, creating buildings that are low or zero carbon is essential to ensure a high quality of life for people, minimise negative impacts on the environment, and maximise economic opportunities.
The Awards are the only ones to recognise green building achievements across the whole of the Asia Pacific region. The 2016 Awards were hugely successful, with over 100 nominations from 15 countries in the region.
Why should businesses or projects enter?
Raising their profile - Finalists and winners of the Awards will be profiled through WorldGBC's global press work, social media and other communications activities.
Getting in front of the right people Businesses and projects are judged by a group of renowned and highly influential figures in the green building industry.
Receiving recognition The Awards are a chance to celebrate some of the most progressive businesses and projects in a hugely important region for the future of green building.
How to apply
Please contact IGBC staff if you are interested in applying for any one of these three award categories:
Business Leadership in Sustainability Award
Leadership in Sustainable Design and Performance Award
Women in Green Building Leadership Award
The deadline for nominations is 1 June 2018. To enter, download the nomination forms from the 'Quick Links' section.
The nominations must be submitted to IGBC by 1 June 2018 (Friday), with an administration fee of INR. 10,000/- for each nomination, inclusive of GST at 18%.
For further information on the Awards, visit http://www.worldgbc.org/asia-pacific-regional-network-awards.
Payment can be done through Cheque/ Demand Draft/ RTGS.
The Cheque / Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of 'Confederation of Indian Industry' payable at Hyderabad and courier it to the following address:
Sampath Kumar Kabothu
Confederation of Indian Industry
CII-Sohrabji Godrej Green Business Centre
Survey No. 64, Kothaguda Post, Near Hi-tech City
Ranga Reddy District, Hyderabad - 500 084
Tel: +91 (40) 44185117 / 132
Mobile: +91 9177577100
For RTGS transactions, our bank account details are appended below:
Account Holder Name: Confederation of Indian Industry
Bank Name: ICICI Bank Ltd
Beneficiary Bank Account Number: 004005011896
Branch Code: 0040
MICR Code: 500229003
IFS/NEFT Code: ICIC0000040
Tel: +91 (40) 44185117 / 132
Mobile: +91 9177577100
For more details, please contact:
Sampath Kumar Kabothu
Email Id: email@example.com
Phone number: +91 9177577100